Alterfin wants to enhance human dignity in the developing countries by promoting individual and collective economic activities that contribute to sustainable development. Its goal is to improve the livelihoods and living conditions of socially and economically disadvantaged people and communities, predominantly in rural areas in low- and middle-income countries around the world. In order to achieve this goal, Alterfin provides financial and non-financial services to its partners by:
* raising funds, mainly from individual investors and socially responsible institutions
* structuring and promoting ethical and sustainable investments;
* networking with like-minded organisations.
Alterfin is a cooperative society which was set up in 1994 and stems from a collaboration between NGOs and ethical banks. Alterfin gathers more than 6,000 private citizens, NGOs and a number of companies. At the end of 2018, Alterfin had an outstanding portfolio of Euro 90 million, invested through 158 organizations in 32 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. 58% of the outstanding portfolio is invested through Microfinance Institutions while the remaining in smallholder sustainable agriculture organizations active in 14 different value chains.
Context & position summary
If you are currently reading this offer, we probably don’t need to remind you how important adequate and reliable systems are to an organization. At Alterfin, we are well aware of this and are therefore looking for a Data Specialist in order to strengthen our IT team. As a multiskilled Data Super-Hero, the Data specialist will be in charge of maintaining and developing the Shareholders Database as well as providing support to business users and developing side-tools.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Migrating & developing existing MsAccess tools to SQL server and .Net applications, initially focusing on the Shareholder Database
* Gaining insight into business needs and requirements
* Analyzing & proposing technical improvements
* Working with external web developer on integration of back-end database with MyAlterfin.be
* Providing support to business users on data extraction, lists, (e)-mailing
* Developing side-tools (Office365/PowerApps or other solutions)
* Reporting (PowerBI) structure data feeds, data transformation, report design
* Working on integration with Office365 & Azure (Intune/Microsoft Enterprise security) in a GDPR-context
* Creation of training documentation, technical procedures and user instructions
* Assisting end-users in daily MsOffice issues or questions.
* Bachelor/Master in IT or equivalent by experience
* Expertise in front-end programming and database design
* Good knowledge of Sql Server, Visual Basic/VB.Net and MsOffice
* Ability to analyze and manipulate data according to internal needs
* Fluent in English; good knowledge of French & Dutch
* Accurate and analytical working skills, teamplayer, committed to the values and objectives of Alterfin
A 1-year contract on a full-time basis in a dynamic international environment.
Flexible working conditions with an appropriate salary, extralegal advantages and leave entitlement above statutory minimum.
The opportunity to work in a company that makes a difference.
Reports to: Head of Finance & Administration
Location: Alterfin office in Brussels (Belgium)
How to apply?
Please send your application in English, including a motivation letter and your CV to jobs [at] alterfin [dot] be with the following subject: “Application Data Specialist 2019”, before March 15, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Read all articles