Alterfin is a financial cooperative that contributes to improve the livelihood of thousands of families in Latin America, Africa and Asia by lending money to microfinance institutions (MFIs), farmer cooperatives and social enterprises engaged in the agriculture value chains. With 28 staff members, 6,000 shareholders and a EUR 90 million portfolio reaching 100,000 families, Alterfin is a very unique organisation in Belgium.
Alterfin is looking for two persons to have an active seat in its Board of Directors. The Board is currently composed of 8 persons. English is the working language. In order to respect the gender parity, Alterfin will recruit at least one female director.
- Credit lending, Financial analysis (account and audit)
- Able to analyze and challenge the financial management of Alterfin at portfolio and institutional level in respect of vision/mission
- Able to take position in a group with a positive attitude towards the other board directors
- Bank and or MFI sector
- North/South development problems (and solutions)
- Agriculture and/or microfinance
- Assist and participate actively to the BD meetings (6/year)
- Prepare the meetings through reading of documents sent by director
- Ready to participate in the financial and risk management subcommittee which meets once/year with external auditor and prepare the discussion between Board and auditor
- Participate at least once/year to credit committee
- Contribute to increase Alterfin’s network with personal and/or professional network
How to apply?
Interested in joining our Board of Directors? Send us your application to candidates [at] alterfin [dot] be (candidates [at] alterfin [dot] be )before 12 March 2019.
For more information, contact candidates [at] alterfin [dot] be, Klaartje Vandersypen (NL) at 0473 93 23 49 or Jean Matton (FR) at 0475 46 00 83.
Read all articles