Alterfin is a cooperative operating as a social investor since 1994. It raises capital in Belgium to invest it in developing countries via microfinance institutions (MFIs) and organizations active in the small holder sustainable agriculture value chains (SA).
Alterfin is looking for a Latin America Investment Manager, to be based in Peru (full time), with frequent travels in the region, primarily Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador.
This position involves responsibility for the development and management of loans both in microfinance and agriculture.
The main job responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the definition of the portfolio management strategy mainly for Argentina, Colombia and Ecuador.
- Identify potential investments in line with the vision and investment policy of Alterfin and the other funds under its management
- Carry out the institutional and social due diligences of the identified organizations. This will entail frequent travels in the region
- Present the investment proposals to the Investment Committees and follow loan disbursement process
- Develop technical assistance projects to support Alterfin’s MFIs and SA partners
- Monitor and manage the portfolio of investments.
- Degree in higher education in finance, economics, business management, agricultural economics or other relevant field(s)
- Expertise in financial / organizational / strategic analysis of small to medium enterprises and, if possible in the fields of microfinance and sustainable agriculture
- At least 7 years of relevant experience
- Field experience, particularly in Latin America will be of added value
- Good spoken and written English and Spanish
- Understanding of and commitment to development issues and social responsibility
Captivating mission, a full-time position in a dynamic international environment, interesting working conditions.
Please send your application in English, including a motivation letter and your CV to: jobs [at] alterfin [dot] be with following subject: “Application Latin America Investment Manager 2020”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Read all articles