Founded in 1994, Alterfin is a cooperative company active in social and environmental investments that aims to promote sustainable development and improve living conditions of socially and economically deprived people and communities worldwide by financing microfinance and sustainable agriculture in low and low middle income countries.
The Alterfin team consists of 24 employees and 12 external consultants working in different countries.
About the position
As HR Manager you are the first point of contact for all HR-related aspects within Alterfin. You create, implement and follow up on the strategic HR Management of Alterfin, by evaluating and improving existing HR policies, procedures and processes and by identifying where there is a need for new or improved HR policies.
You are responsible for various HR projects, and you do this in close collaboration with the General Manager.
Next to that, you will dedicate a portion of your time to HR administration and the follow-up of the insurance portfolio. You will also coordinate any internal payroll related questions and requests with the payroll consultant.
As HR Manager, you will report to the Head of Finance and Administration.
- Support the development and implementation of HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Evaluate new and existing HRM tools, policies and processes and develop, improve and implement them in the organization.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of HRM policies and procedures related to onboarding, offboarding, performance management, well-being at work, recruitment and selection, etc...
- Nurture a positive working environment via the organization of various team connection initiatives (Team Seminar, Virtual Coffee Break).
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Ensure compliance with employment regulations.
- Take care of the HR administration (contract for new hires, follow-up of insurance contracts...
- Centralize internal payroll-related questions from staff and management (salary simulations, reporting information, HR info for the budget) and coordinate this with the payroll consultant as the case may be.
- Higher education degree.
- 5 to 10 years experience in a similar position.
- Fluent in French or Dutch. You have an excellent knowledge of the other regional language.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with developing HR Management tools and policies.
- Knowledge of Belgian social legislation is essential.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and you treat personal information in a confidential way.
- You are good at taking initiatives and you know how to work independently.
- Alterfin’s social mission motivates you.
What can you expect?
- A part-time (60%), permanent contract in an international setting with friendly, committed colleagues.
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home.
- An attractive reward package with many additional perks (meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, expenses paid, etc).
- Extra days of leave in addition to the legal minimum.
- The opportunity to work for a growing organisation with real social and environmental impact.
- A sustainable and inspiring workplace at the Mundo-Madou offices in the heart of Brussels (easily accessible by public transport).
How to apply?
Send your application with a cover letter and CV to jobs [at] alterfin [dot] be with 'Application HR Manager’ in the subject line, before 13th August 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We recruit on the basis of skills and talents, irrespective of your formal qualifications, gender, sexual orientation, religion, origin or disability.