Alterfin is a Brussels-based cooperative and a social impact investor since 1994. It raises capital in Belgium and invests it in developing countries through microfinance institutions (MFIs) and organizations active in smallholder sustainable agriculture value chains (SA).
Alterfin is looking for an Investment Manager to manage its portfolio of microfinance and sustainable agriculture partners in Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia and Tajikistan. The position will be based in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan and require frequent travel within the region.
Main job responsibilities will include:
• Contribute to the definition of the investment strategy for the region;
• Identify potential investments in line with Alterfin’s mission and investment policy for both the microfinance and sustainable agriculture sectors;
• Conduct institutional and social due diligence on eligible partner organizations;
• Prepare and present investment proposals to Alterfin’s Investment Committees;
• Lead investment closing and support administration;
• Develop technical assistance projects to support Alterfin’s partners;
• Monitor partner performance and manage relations;
• Represent Alterfin at industry events.
• Good understanding of development challenges and commitment to social and environmental responsibility;
• Degree in finance, economics, business administration, agricultural economics or other relevant fields;
• Expertise in risk assessment and analysis (e.g., institutional, operational, financial, social, etc.) of small- to medium-sized organizations operating in the inclusive finance and sustainable agriculture sectors;
• At least five years of relevant work experience;
• Strong communication and relationship management skills;
• Fluent in Russian and English (spoken and written). Knowledge of regional languages is preferred;
• Strong analytical and writing skills.
• A full-time position in a global team of social investment professionals;
• An opportunity to contribute to community development;
• An opportunity to work in a growing organization committed to social and environmental impact.
How to apply:
Please submit your motivation letter and CV in English to jobs [at] alterfin [dot] be with the subject line: “Application for Central Asia Investment Manager 2021”. The application deadline is April 15, 2021. We will contact only shortlisted applicants.