Created in 1994, Alterfin is a cooperative company aiming at the promotion of sustainable development and the improvement of living conditions of socially and economically disadvantaged people and communities by financing microfinance institutions and sustainable agriculture organisations in low and low middle-income countries.
The Alterfin team consists of 24 employees and 12 external consultants working in different countries in Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
About the position
As TA Officer, you will be in charge of coordinating TA activities, by being the first point of contact for donors and for Alterfin’s investees. You will be responsible for designing and implementing TA projects for its investees in coordination with Alterfin’s Investment Managers.
You will report to the Head of Investment for TA project related items and to the General Manager for funding related topics.
- You will manage the full cycle of all TA projects: design, proposal writing, submission to relevant donor committees, consultant selection, implementation, follow up and relevant reporting.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Investments, you will manage Alterfin’s TA pipeline and develop it to cater for TA needs of Alterfin’s investees and available funding.
- You will fulfil the regular reporting requirements to different donors and Alterfin internal stakeholders .
- You will contribute to submit funding requests to potential donors under the supervision of Alterfin’s General Manager.
- You have a higher education degree in management, economics, finance, political or social sciences.
- You have project management experiences in Africa, Latin-America and / or Asia)
- You have a good knowledge of microfinance and / or smallholder sustainable agriculture
- You are capable of managing a diversified pool of stakeholders such as donors, small/medium companies, consultants, etc. etc You have worked for at least 3 years in a similar position for an impact investor, NGO, or other international organization.
- You have a very good knowledge of English and French. Spanish is a plus.
- Having lived in one or more foreign countries (in Africa, Asia or Latin-America) is a plus.
- You feel strong affinity for Alterfin’s social mission.
- You are independent, rigorous, dedicated and have strong communication skills.
- You have excellent writing skills.
- You have strong negotiation and networking skills.
- You are eager to learn and take initiatives.
What can you expect?
- A one-year full-time contract.
- An international setting with friendly, committed colleagues.
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home.
- An attractive reward package with many additional perks
- The opportunity to work for a growing organisation with real social and environmental impact.
- A sustainable and inspiring workplace at the Mundo-Madou offices in the heart of Brussels (easily accessible by public transport). Remote candidates are also being considered.
How to apply?
Send your application with a cover letter and CV to jobs [at] alterfin [dot] be with job title in the subject line. Only selected candidates will proceed to interviews.
We recruit on the basis of skills and talents, irrespective of your formal qualifications, gender, sexual orientation, religion, origin or disability.