Created in 1994, Alterfin is a cooperative company aiming at the promotion of sustainable development and the improvement of living conditions of socially and economically deprived people and communities worldwide by financing microfinance institutions and sustainable agriculture organisations in low and low middle-income countries.
The Alterfin team consists of 24 employees and 12 external consultants working in different countries in Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
About the position
Alterfin is looking for an Investment Manager to supervise its African partners in West, Central, and Northern Africa. The position will be based in one of our key countries of operations in Western Africa (Ivory Coast, Ghana, Senegal, Morocco), with frequent travels within the region.
This position involves responsibility for the development and management of a lending portfolio in both the microfinance and sustainable agriculture sectors.
- Contribute to the definition of the portfolio management strategy for the African countries under responsibility
- Identify potential investments in line with the vision and investment policy of Alterfin and the other funds under its management
- Carry out the institutional and social due diligences of the identified organizations. This will entail frequent travels in the region
- Present the investment proposals to the Investment Committees and follow the loan disbursement process
- Develop technical assistance projects to support Alterfin’s MFIs and SA partners
- Monitor and manage the portfolio of investments.
- Degree in higher education in finance, economics, business management, agricultural economics or other relevant field(s)
- Expertise in financial / organizational / strategic analysis of small to medium enterprises and in the fields of microfinance and sustainable agriculture
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Field experience in Africa will be of added value
- Fluent in French and English (spoken and written)
- Understanding of and commitment to development issues and social responsibility
- Based in one of our country of operations (Ivory Coast, Ghana, Senegal, Morocco)
What can you expect?
- A full-time consulting contract starting as soon as possible.
- An international setting with friendly, committed colleagues.
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home.
- An attractive reward package with many additional perks
- The opportunity to work for a growing organisation with real social and environmental impact.
How to apply?
Send your application with a cover letter and CV to jobs [at] alterfin [dot] be with job title in the subject line before July 20, 2022. Only selected candidates will proceed to interviews.
We recruit on the basis of skills and talents, irrespective of your formal qualifications, gender, sexual orientation, religion, origin or disability.
Read all articles