Alterfin is a Brussels-based cooperative operating as a social investor since 1994. It raises capital in Belgium to invest it in developing countries via microfinance institutions (MFIs) and organizations active in the small holder sustainable agriculture value chains (SA).
Alterfin is looking for an Investment Manager (full time) to manage its portfolio of MFI and SA partners in Central America, to be based in one of the following countries: Mexico, Nicaragua, El Salvador or Costa Rica. Frequent travels within the region are requested.
This position involves responsibility for the development and management of loans both in microfinance and agriculture.
The main job responsibilities will include:
• Contribute to the definition of the portfolio management strategy mainly for Nicaragua, Mexico and El Salvador;
• Identify potential investments in line with the vision and investment policy of Alterfin and the other funds under its management;
• Conduct institutional and social due diligence on eligible partner organizations. This will entail frequent travels in the region;
• Prepare and present investment proposals to Alterfin’s Investment Committees and follow loan disbursement process;
• Develop technical assistance projects to support Alterfin’s partners;
• Monitor partner performance and manage relations;
• Represent Alterfin at industry events.
• Degree in finance, economics, business administration, agricultural economics or other relevant fields;
• Expertise in risk assessment and analysis (e.g., institutional, operational, financial, social, etc.) of small- to medium-sized organizations operating in the inclusive finance and sustainable agriculture sectors;
• At least seven years of relevant work experience;
• Strong communication and relationship management skills;
• Fluent in spoken and written Spanish and English;
• Field experience, particularly in Latin America, will be of added value;
• Good understanding of development challenges and high commitment to social and environmental responsibility;
• Understanding of and commitment to development issues and social responsibility.
• A full-time position in a dynamic international environment with a global team of committed colleagues.
• An opportunity to contribute to community development.
• An opportunity to work for a growing organization with real social and environmental impact.
• An attractive reward package with additional perks.
How to apply?
Submit your motivation letter and CV in English to jobs [at] alterfin [dot] be with the subject line: “Application for CA IM 2021”. The application deadline is Sunday June 20, 2021. Availability to start by September 2021. We will contact only shortlisted applicants.
Read all articles